Here is presented the charter composed of the philosophy, the vision (the goal), the mission (the reason for being) as well as the values promoted by the deftech foresight system.
Philosophy - Vision - Mission - Values
The armed forces are not interested in the technology as such. Instead, the armed forces are interested in the advantage they can gain in a specific case, possibly through the use of technology.
Anticipate disruptive technologies and use cases through synergies.
We want to anticipate the use cases involving technologies that will have an impact on how Switzerland’s security is defended and preserved.
The identification and acquisition of skills in how to detect and analyse these different technologies will be done by promoting synergies.
These synergies will be internal to armasuisse S+T, in cooperation with the armed forces and the competent structures in Switzerland and abroad.
Our values and philosophy reflect the importance of the responsibilities entrusted to the program. To this end, we adhere to the following fundamental principles:
- Honesty and scientific integrity in all that we do.
- Objectivity in all decisions
- Neutrality in all reasoning
- Consideration of the short and long term
- Consideration of the civil and military implications, including the legal, ethical, economic and political aspects surrounding these technologies.