This canvas was created to structure the way how to use the various technology-related inputs – result of the work performed together with Envisioning – to imagine and create new concepts solving defined challenges. All the inputs are available on dynamic representations or “Radars” here: https://www.envisioning.io/deftech/
The contents of the research performed in 2016 and 2017 have been edited in the form of decks of cards. They help supporting the development of new systems by providing information about new technologies, new processes, or simply new ideas. You can use them one by one or combine them.
Concept Ideation Canvas
Some practical remarks out of experience
- We had a good experience with groups of 5-7 individuals.
Having more, you start to have individuals focusing on other tasks (mostly on their mobile phone). Having less, the outcome might reflect too strongly the view of a person.
- We find that 2 hours is a minimum time to invest if you want to start having “non-obvious” solutions.
Never forget people like to debate, that if you work in groups, just presenting yourself and knowing your neighbours will require some precious, but normally well invested minutes
- If you are distributing the full deck of cards to the participants, make sure they do not read them all during the complete duration of the exercise and don’t work of the solution!
- Providing the challenge the group will be working on spares a lot of time compared to the option in which the group decides the challenge it will be working on.
- The workshop can be conducted in different ways according to the goal and level of creativity you expect from the teams.
- The participants try to find a new concept to solve the challenge they have been assigned. They can use the cards as inspiration and select or even create new ones that will allow their concept to come true.
- Once the challenge is defined, each group receives 2 techno-cards. They have then to find a concept using these 2 cards.
- Once the challenge is defined, each group can select 2 techno-cards from the deck to work out their best concept.
You can have the same challenge given to various groups, or different challenges for each group
Please remember… this is the way and process we followed… nothing more, nothings less… if you have other experiences, we would be more than happy to hear about them and to share the best practices!
Do not hesitate to get in touch!
Techno-Cards to provide ideas and stimulate curiosity!
Dynamic and searchable representations or “radars” to bring science-fiction into our lives to help us anticipating and measuring the gap between our today and our possible tomorrowS!
The work and methodology were developed together with envisioning.io.